Kitchen tools make great holiday gifts. After all, who doesn’t eat, even if it’s just toast and cereal? Kitchen knives and utensils are a practical gift, but they’re gifts you’ll be remembered for each time your gift recipient summons their inner chef.
If you’re planning to give a gift of kitchen knives for the holidays, here are some ideas for giving.
1. Bundle your favorite knife with a family recipe and an accompanying family story. It’s a gift that will be useful, memorable and thoughtful.
2. Give a Chef’s Knife with a subscription to your favorite meal kit delivery service. Dinner is on you, even though they’ll prepare it themselves.
3. Give a Kitchen Classics Set, which has the top three knives people want in their kitchen. Include a gift certificate for a local cooking or knife skills class.
4. Does your recipient already have Cutco? Consider giving knife Sheaths. They will provide safe storage and a convenient way to transport knives.
6. Have a knife engraved with a special phrase that’s meaningful to the recipient.
7. Buy a Cutco Gift Card and let them choose what they want.
8. Combine a Cheese Knife with a variety of cheeses. Choose a mix of mild and strong cheeses and consider adding some crackers and accompaniments like spicy mustard, fig jam or pickles.
10. Sidestep superstition by including a penny in a gift containing sharp knives. According to superstition giving a coin with a gift of a sharp knife allows the recipient to give the coin back to you buy the friendship back after it’s been “severed.”